Friday, December 20, 2019

My Autobiography Of Myself As A Writer - 1417 Words

My Autobiography of Myself as A Writer Coming back to school after a ten-year break was the best choice I made. When I started this English 102 class with Dr. Brockman, I didn’t feel that I was a great writer. I knew I had so much to stay; the struggle was putting in on paper. I knew that regardless of how hard this class was for me, I was going to see it through. I produced 3 major papers to this class. My First paper was on Advertising titled Off with Her Head; My second paper was written on Panopticism titled Heaven or Hell? My third paper was a research paper of my choice; I chose to write on Educational Success for Hispanic Students. After my first paper was submitted on to blackboard on Advertising, I felt good about my writing. After evaluating my writing in my portfolio, I had to answer these questions: If I had more time to change my writing what would I change? What was my favorite piece of writing? and What was my least favorite piece of writing? If I had more time to change my writing, I would definitely ask for help understanding the assignment. I would change my research paper topic. My favorite piece of writing was Heaven or Hell? I enjoyed this piece of writing; I had a good understanding of Panopticism by Michael Foucault. I was able to relate it back to my life. With a clear understanding, I was able to show my understating in my writing. My least favorite piece of writing was the research paper. Although, I was very interested in the topic theShow MoreRelatedHow Do I Learn Write? Essay987 Words   |  4 Pagesboth. So, how does one learn to write? The best, most concise, writers develop from avid readers. Through reading, I am always learning how to write. I believe reading is essentially the foundation of learning to write. With active reading skills I can not only get better at writing, but have the power to excel with my writing experience through different styles of writing. Once I learn to write well in one style, I can then challenge myself to read different styles of literature. Aside from throughRead MoreHow Do I Learn Write?891 Words   |  4 Pages So, how does one learn to write? The best, most concise, writers develop from avid readers. Through reading, we are always learning how to write. I believe reading is essentially the foundation of learning to write. With active reading skills I can not only get better at writing, but have the power to excel with my writing experience through different styles of writing. Once I learn to write well in one style, I can then challenge myself to read different styles of literature. Aside from throughRead MoreEnglish 101 Made Me a Better Writer761 Words   |  3 Pagesattempt to improve to obtain their goal by studying the subject their goal is in. In my English class, English 101 this quarter I was astonished by how much I had progressed as a writer sharpening my writing skills and also learned a lot about writing that I hadn’t learned before. In my writing portfolio for this quarter I had to write an autobiography essay, a research essay, and this reflection essay to develop my writing skills better. The writing assignments were fun to do because it challengedRead MoreR eflective Essay Reflection746 Words   |  3 Pageswriting wasn’t my strongest suit throughout my academic career, it was challenging for me. Going through my first college class, which was English 101, I realized that writing is more than just putting words on paper. I have learned the purpose of writing and the structure to make a solid concrete essay such as to create the thesis statement to acknowledge what the reader is going to read and a technique to help edit and limit word, together with discovering a connection with myself in writing. AnRead MoreMy Experience As A Reader And Writer919 Words   |  4 PagesAs a reader and writer I always faced given assignments with the intent of doing exceptional jobs and take a sense of pride in my work to complete my tasks. As a reader, I will bore myself through out an entire book and realize I didn t understand a single thing. Although as a writer, I can go on for so long losing myself on a topic because it feels more interactive. Reflecting on my experiences as a reader and writer have been very bold, I never really found a joy or an interest to become theRead MoreAnalysis and Response: Black Boy Essay888 Words   |  4 PagesThe book Black Boy by Richard Wright is an autobiography set in the Deep South in the early 1900’s. The book starts with Richard being four years old and very mischievous. One day he is playing with fire and accidentally lights the curtains on fire. The house is suddenly in flames and Richard runs out to hide under the burning house. Luckily, h is stepfather runs out and finds him before the house collapses. The next years of his life are spent bouncing around from place to place trying to liveRead MoreSemiautobiographical Work- Borderlands/La Frontera: The New Mestiza by Gloria Anzaldà ºa1286 Words   |  6 PagesEvery writer has the ability to make their writing remarkable, beautiful, and complex by using elements like genre, discourse, and code. Borderlands/ La Frontera: The New Mestiza is a semi-autobiographical work by Gloria Anzaldà ºa. She examines the relations of her lands, languages, and herself overall. She defines the borders she has around herself in the preface of the book: â€Å"The actual physical borderland that I’m dealing with in this book is the Texas-U.S. Southwest/Mexican border. The psychologicalRead MoreThe Internet Is The Main Source For Information And Education986 Words   |  4 Pageshad a grip on my writing and I had to do something about it. This sort of writing that I came into contact with transitioned from â€Å"text talk†, which is a form of typing with no punctuation or capitalization, to the correct form of grammar and spelling. For quite some time, I used MySpace to voice my 9 year old opinions. This did not work out too well. I found myself typing words with numbers in them that made sense in my head, but as I look back, I realize that I was only hurting my grammar and notRead MoreEssay on Roald Dahl1435 Words   |  6 Pageseldest daughter Olivia and during an accident, his four-month year old son suffered from brain damage. Roald Dahl had a miserable time at school and this had the greatest influence in his writing. His school days are the central theme in his autobiography â€Å"Boy†. In  Ã¢â‚¬Å"Boy†Ã‚  he described horrible beatings, sadistic headmasters, prejudiced teachers, and even an abusive dormitory Matron. He first attended Llandaff Cathedral School. He used to keep a secret diary in which he recorded all the memories ofRead MoreHole in My Life by Jack Gantos725 Words   |  3 PagesI have chosen â€Å"Hole in My life† by Jack Gantos because a senior last year recommended I read this memoir. I also decided to look up reviews for the book and they all pleased my interest so I decided to give it a try. I have heard of his series of books â€Å"Rotten Ralph.† Before, however I have never read any of them. My career plans are opposite of his. I do not plan on going to jail at all especially for $10,000 worth of hashish. I also want to be an engineer and not a writer li ke Gantos aspired to

No comments:

Post a Comment